The Student News Site of University of Texas at Arlington (Department of Communication)

Lone Star Sentinel

Lone Star Sentinel

Lone Star Sentinel

Not to be eclipsed, Arlington gets McDonald’s spinoff store

CosMc’s, a beverage-forward shop, also has an all-day breakfast menu and ‘bites’ menu
Mia Medellin
CosMc’s, a McDonald’s spinoff store, opened in Arlington at 300 E. Abram St. on April 8–the day of the total solar eclipse.

ARLINGTON, Texas– Arlington welcomed a brand new concept to the city—CosMc’s, the McDonald’s-owned company.

The Arlington CosMc’s is located at 300 E. Abram St. The store opened, appropriately enough, on April 8—the day of the total solar eclipse when hundreds were already in the city for the historic phenomenon.

The store also opened other area locations this month, including stores in Watauga and Dallas. “Explorer” (crew member) Tanika Bailey was able to see how CosMc’s ran at those locations before coming to her home store in Arlington.

“When it opened in Texas, we opened with it,” Bailey said. “I’ve been to the Dallas location, I’ve been to the Watauga location and now I am here. This is my home store.”

CosMc’s is known for its drink options, including its signature galactic boosts (energy drinks), teas, lemonades, slushes, frappés and coffees. Customizations to the beverages are nearly limitless, with options like energy boosters, pre-workout shots and even popping boba.

“I would say we are more beverage-led,” Bailey said. “We have a variety of teas and lemonade, coffee. We have freeze-dried fruit on top—oh my gosh, if you eat it alone, it tastes like a fruity cereal it’s so amazing.”

CosMc’s also offers an all-day breakfast menu, which most McDonald’s locations no longer offer. Keeping the brand’s original egg McMuffins, they also introduced new items limited to CosMc’s locations like the spicy queso sandwich and creamy avocado tomatillo sandwich.

CosMc’s also features the McFlurry, a McDonald’s ice cream dessert. In addition, CosMc’s has a “Bites Menu” offering items like hash brown bites, pretzel bites and the McPops.

“The McPops they go like so fast,” Bailey said. “It’s like a bigger donut hole and it’s filled. They’re amazing.”

The Arlington CosMc’s is one of the few locations that don’t offer a drive-thru. Entering the store, patrons are greeted with the store’s signature color, yellow, as well as a self-directed kiosk to scroll through the menu and place orders.

“The experience was cool going in and ordering,” customer Jacob Homer said. “The self-service works good. It works for what it is, and it’s easy.”

View Comments (1)
Donate to Lone Star Sentinel

Your donation will support the student journalists of University of Texas at Arlington (Department of Communication). Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.